Technical Product Manager- Marine Industry- CAD
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 226306
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The use of NX in the Marine industry is growing and this position is
for a product manager who will be responsible for NX in the Marine
industry. This position also focuses focused on the NX applications for the
design and manufacturing of ship structures. The candiate will also make
significant contributions to the NX products for outfitting and concept
The primary focus of this role is the Siemens NX product but a successful
candidate will also be expected to be able to give presentations on
and demonstrate the use of Teamcenter, SES and manufacturing to
shipbuilding customers and prospects.
This product manager will be focused on the NX products for ship design
they will be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Understanding customer workflows and requirements
• Making significant contributions to the development of a business
strategy for NX in the shipbuilding industry.
• Demonstrating all NX ship design functionality (structure, piping,
HVAC, electrical systems) to customers, resellers and Siemens staff.
• Training Siemens staff and customers in specific aspects of NX ship
design tools. Including the development and documentation of best
practices using Siemens PL software.
• Developing standard NX presentations, demos and other collateral for
the shipbuilding industry. Ensuring NX shipbuilding collateral fits
with the overall PL go to market visions Multi-disciplinary modeling,
• Work closely with the PL Teamcenter, SES, and manufacturing groups to
ensure that NX functionality integrates well with the products
developed by other teams.
• Develop collateral that presents the complete set of Siemens PLM products to the marine industry.
• Work closely with the development teams to document and explain requirements, run beta test programs, review UI design etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Degree in naval Architecture and 3 years’ experience working as a Naval
Architect or a degree in mechanical engineering and at least three
years of experience working as an engineer at a shipyard.
• Degree level candidates with five or more years of experience working
for a company developing CAD tools for the marine industry may also be
considered, but people with this background must have an extensive
understanding of the work processes in ship design and manufacturing.
• Experience using NX or one or more of the CAD tools widely used in
the shipbuilding industry(e.g. Software from Intergraph, Aveva, Sener
• Experience of Software development or interacting with software
development teams to define requirements would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of PLM operations including change management,
configuration management. Experience of working with a PLM system in a
production environment would be helpful.
o Ability and desire to become a very proficient user of the NX
applications used in the marine industry and to become a competent user
o Knowledge of software currently used in the marine industry.
o Desire to continually learn new skills and to pass knowledge on to
other people both internal and customers.
o Ability to continually improve and learn new areas.
o Ability to work well in a global team.
o Energetic person to drive new topics and get all relevant stake
holders on board.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored
work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United