Sr. Service Technician - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Beltsville, MD
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 226379
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 35%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
· Leads the most complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Leads the most complex product and service training to customers.
· Guides the most complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and completes documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
· Leads the most complex service or systems calls and interfaces with customer personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution.
· Guides assessment of the most complex installation and service of product/equipment performance based on field support data and designs modifications or improvements.
· May lead the negotiation and administration of service or systems contracts.
· Performs technical support programs (TSP) / service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
· Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours. Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
· Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system. Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts.
· Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation. Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
· Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines. Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on building automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
· Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs. May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
· Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity. Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
· If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action. Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
· Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch. Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associate's degree in Electronics or other related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations.
· Working engineering and programming background preferred. Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
· Successfully demonstrates leading-edge or extensive knowledge in a technical or specialty area.
· Generally, 8+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 1-2 years of vocational/technical training.