Cloud Project Test Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 226417
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Help us create a high quality Solid Edge cloud experience and get new features to customers faster. As part of the Certification team, the automation you develop to test the product will uncover bugs more efficiently and make our growing testing efforts more effective. We need someone who enjoys a fast-paced, agile development process of a complex product with broad capabilities.
The Cloud Project Test Engineer will work with cross-functional scrum teams to design, develop, and execute automation for testing our growing cloud products. Perform research and development on new technologies and methodologies related to automation. Understand complex problems and solutions for automated testing. Promote innovation through by introducing new technology and knowledge into our automation testing process.
• Submit Problem Reports that report software defects, identify root cause, and document problems completely and accurately.
• Help develop and improve the automation process.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Computer Science degree
• Knowledge of TestCafé a plus
• Knowledge of Agile development techniques and process
• Knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery a plus
• Knowledge of CAD (computer-aided design) and document management systems a plus
• Eager to learn new knowledge and skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Capability to understand complex engineering problems