Power Monitoring Solutions Engineer
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 226424
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-Washington-Seattle, United States-New Jersey-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 80%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_management.html
"Are you ready to design and implement the solutions that companies, universities, data centers, and industries use to monitor their energy consumption?”
Siemens is looking for an Solution Engineer to join their growing team. The candidate will be responsible for the integration of hardware and software to create an overall energy monitoring system for customers. Digital Solutions & Services provides facilities with the tools which help in managing the energy costs and availability of their business.
- Implements hardware and software for energy management/monitoring solutions.
- Understands and applies safety procedures.
- Follows basic standard project documentation for project completion
- Identifies problems as they occur and takes proactive steps to solve them.
- Independently performs basic tasks and functions for professional field work.
- Prepare explanations to enable proper interpretation/evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics, or other technical data.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Experience with serial communications (i.e. RS 485) and conversions to TCP/IP -
Preferably experienced with Modbus protocol
* BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Information Systems
* Network, Communication Protocols, Ethernet Troubleshooting
* Software and network configuration experience.
* Knowledge and experience with multiple operating systems including servers.
* Trouble shooting skills (Network or Wiring)
* Strong communication skill both written and verbal.
* Ability to work independently as well as work with other group or teams.
* Must possess the ability to travel 80%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* PLC Programming
* Power monitoring experience using software based applications.
* Experience with Utilities, Metering, and/or Networking (TCP/IP, Modbus, Profibus)
* Time and task management skills (e.g., Project Manager, Project Engineer).
* SQL Database experience (Creating Queries, Data Manipulation)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.