Proposal Specialist 3
Business Unit: Business Administration
Requisition Number: 226437
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Position Title: Proposal Specialist 3 - Quote to Booking Specialist
In this role, the employee supports internal and external customers in the preparation, review, approval, and order entry of proposals and contracts for Siemens medical equipment and service.
In line with established Siemens guidelines and policies, this role requires review, revision and approval of customer price quotes for DI/AT/US, Service and LD/POC, validation of incoming orders and contracts to ensure all required documents have been receive, and the accurate booking of orders and contracts orders in the Siemens ERP platform (SAP).
· Perform all activities associated with the creation, review, analysis, editing, escalation, and approval of SHARE quotes. Includes ensuring compliance with all pricing guidelines, GPO/IDN contract terms and value adds as applicable, profitability analysis as applicable, government coding as applicable, exception management, compliance to the escalation and Limits of Authority policies, and accuracy of MEA accounting guidelines. Document all activities, decisions, approvals, timelines within quote. Manage most complex quotes and scenarios to ensure accuracy and best deal structure to meet business and customer needs.
· Perform all activities associated with the validation of new contracts and orders including gathering of required contract and configuration documents and receipt of required approvals and signatures.
· Perform all activities from pre-booking to booking for new orders and contracts. Confirm MEA accounting processes are followed per guidelines and are reflected accurately in ERP system. Facilitate timely, seamless handoffs to Customer Operations, including all required documentation.
· Identify data transmission issues between CRM and ERP systems as needed. Resolves most issues independently and consults with lead specialists for the most challenging issues.
· Ensure compliance with all finance, accounting, and quality policies.
· Coach others to deliver timely and accurate simple to moderately complex quotes, following established processes, and to validate/book simple to moderately complex orders. Serves as a resource to the Quote to Booking team on complex proposals and orders.
This position requires strong written and oral communication skills with proven interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with people and maintain rapport with internal and external customers is essential.
Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize workflow, perform under sensitive deadlines. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Advanced knowledge of entire quote to contract lifecycle process, with particular emphasis on quote to booking process is required. This includes basic knowledge of DI/AT/US, Service, and LD/POC product lines and how those differences impact quotes through booking processes.
Financial acumen and demonstrated ability to identify and resolve moderately complex problems and apply problem-solving skills effectively is needed. Ability to make decisions and recommendations to resolve issues is important.
Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and collaborate/consult with peers and others outside of functional area to resolve complex issues and improve existing processes.
Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or Business with at least 5-8 years of related experience.
Proficient with Share
Working knowledge of SAP
Proficient with MS Office suite (particularly Word and Excel)
Working knowledge of Finance and Accounting processes and regulations, particularly revenue recognition guidelines (MEA, IFRS)
Strong written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment