Vice President - ITS Digital Lab, Intelligent Traffic Systems
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 226442
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
(Leadership, Customer Orientation, Innovation Mindset, Ownership, Problem Solving)
- Building the team from a technical, business and development perspective, i.e. hiring and ensuring the required competencies and a start-up mindset
- Leading the overall team, incl. functional management as well as coaching the team to grow professionally
- Contributing to the Performance Management Process, e.g. setting ambitious targets as well as driving the evaluation process and competency development of the team
- Identification of business opportunities and US-specific value propositions from data analytics and AI-enabled applications & services for both existing and potential new customer groups
- Close cooperation and alignment with the Digital Lab organization in Munich (Germany) and the network of other Digital Lab satellite organizations in the world
- Management and implementation of pilot projects & minimal viable products in cooperation with customers with data analytics and artificial intelligence as a basis for the implementation of scalable data-driven applications and services
- Implementing, adapting and jointly advancing ITS Digital Lab processes regarding software development, roles, and operating model
- Develop local business with a global mindset (i.e. globally relevant and scalable solutions), as stand-alone solutions / services or enhancing existing solutions / services
- Support other Siemens ITS projects and teams with data analytics and insights from data to provide additional customer value
- Cooperation with universities, PPP facilitators, and innovative companies on both research and business development topics
- Support of marketing and communication activities in the US through public presentations, participation in trade fairs, newspaper articles, and publishing of success stories
- Master’s or PhD., preferably in the areas of (traffic) engineering, computer science or mathematics
- At least 10 years work experience, with at least 5 years in IT (B2C / B2B software, solutions, IT service)
- Extensive proven experience with IT projects, esp. agile development (SCRUM), rapid prototyping, and cloud-based solutions
- Proven experience as successful manager of small and medium sized teams
- Experience in data-driven applications or services, data analytics, and artificial intelligence
- Experience in customer co-creation
- Proven innovation mindset
- Strong capabilities in execution (incl. strategic and conceptual thinking) and leadership (incl. strength in inspiring and motivating a team)
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit / start-up mindset
- Strong aptitude for customer facing presentations
- Excellent communication skills, especially towards senior management
- Excitement for topics around shaping the future of mobility, and ideally experience in mobility relevant areas, such as traffic management or fleet management
- Personal drive, goal orientation and self-motivation
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.