Mobility ManagementRequisition Number:
United States-New York-New YorkAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Mobility is going digital - Siemens Mobility Division is the world's leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of both people and goods which help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Driven by innovation, Siemens develops intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings include rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value that is unique. We call this Ingenuity for Life. Come and make a difference with Siemens.
Would you like to develop innovative products that protect people and the environment, keep railroad operations safe and make it more efficient? Would you also like to join an Engineering company which offers many growth opportunities both nationally and internationally? Then, please apply for the position as RAMS Manager in Research and Development! Siemens Rail Automation is seeking to hire a RAMS Manager for our ITC-PTC R&D effort in our office located in NY, where we’re developing 2 new products – a software based Office Segment solution and a combined hardware/software Locomotive Segment solution.
The scope of the job incorporates RAMS management throughout the entire lifecycle of product development, from a use case definition, RAMS planning over requirement clarification, design, software development, hardware development, test, validation, field test, pilot projects, product qualification, safety case to independent safety assessment.
Using the customer requirements and the country-specific legal basis as well as the standards to be applied, you will establish the system requirements with regard to reliability (R), availability (A), maintainability (M) and safety (S). These form the basis for design of the system to be supplied or the application to be developed.
Close cooperation with configuration, development, validation, assessors and approval authorities is imperative to ensure that work is performed efficiently.
- Execute and oversee RAMS activities, support System Engineering and Requirement Management, lead and participate in customer-facing meetings.
- Support all R&D activities with regards to PTC products from the Requirements phase through design and implementation providing guidance from a RAMS perspective. Execute and document the product level Hazard Analysis through the phases of PHA, FMEA, SSHA as well as O&SHA as necessary.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BSc/MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- At least 4 years of experience in Safety Engineering (Software)
- Experience with Office Segment products (Dispatching)
- At least 2 years of experience regarding Reliability and Availability Analysis
- Sound understanding of vital circuits and hardware design
- Familiarity with the CENELEC standards (EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129 and EN 50159)
- Solid working knowledge and experience in executing Fault Tree Analysis and Hazard Analyses
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- German language knowledge (reading documentation)
- Familiarity with ITC-PTC standards and specifications
- Working knowledge of 49 CFR Part 236
- Technical writing
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire exceptional talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a RAMS Manager with Siemens Rail Automation, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!