Engineering and Development Manager - Autonomous Buildings - Building Technologies - Austin, TX
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 226487
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
For more information, please visit:
Your goal is deliver results to the customer, or market, and do everything necessary to achieve this.
Responsible for all products and solutions development activities in the assigned part of the R&D organization.
Manages organization unit assigned, and leads, motivates and develops dedicated employees.
Implements guidelines and defines functional specific policies, processes or methods to fulfill the superior business strategy.
Plans and allocates resources and budgets to relevant projects or activities.
- Manage a team of 5-10 people comprised of Software Developers, Testers, Applications Engineers, Project Manager and Data Scientists
- Manage projects and assignments within the team, and manage vendor relationships for key products
- Ensure appropriate staffing, skill availability, and performance; develop staff and create a team oriented environment
- Ensure budget and cost containment; measure financial performance and cost of services
- Evaluate existing applications and practices and make recommendations for improvements
- Scope out projects
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Ten or more (10+) years of experience in engineering and development
- Five or more (5+) years of experience leading, hiring, managing, or supervising others
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire your team to excel in all aspects of Software Development.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and agile methodology
- Proven track record of successful project management and decision-making
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Hands on technology leader
- Less than 5% travel
- Preferred experience with Building Automation and HVAC
- AWS Cloud-based services experience
- Understanding of Machine Learning and AI development is a plus