Territory Sales Manager - Building Technologies, Distributor Sales - Mid Atlantic Region, US
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 226488
Primary Location: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 50%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is looking for a Territory Sales Manager focused on Channel Sales for Building Automation - HVAC Products. The territory includes Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, West Virginia, and North Carolina.
The Territory Manager prospects and sells to the Reseller and Installer Channels. We are looking for someone to manage and grow the territory to achieve profitable growth and volume projections. This person will report to the Sr. Sales Manager and have no direct reports, but will manage manufacturer representative(s).
· Create and execute customer account plans with buy in from customer that leverage all available resources to reach business goals
· Independently manages assigned customers and develops new leads to achieve annual business plans within given territory on non-installed parts shipments through authorized distributors and independent contractors.
· Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts in assigned markets to achieve profitable growth and volume requirements.
· With distributors, develops annual marketing plans and review quarterly.
· Continually monitor competitive activity in all channels and communicate relevant information to the appropriate personnel as needed.
· Provide technical training to the specifying engineering community and increase the spec presence of Siemens within these organizations.
· Assists product managers with new product roll outs including training, supporting documents, competitive activity/ responses, test sites, focus groups, promotions and all other relevant issues.
· Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional meetings, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
· Continue to pursue in-depth product knowledge and to deepen selling, technical, financial and management skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 5 plus years experience selling Building Automation/HVAC Products.
· Excellent relationship building skills.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Good presentation skills
· Previous channel management experience preferred.
Ability to travel 50% of the time.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.