Digital FactoryBusiness Unit:
Factory AutomationRequisition Number:
United States-Georgia-NorcrossAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.Job Description:
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Systems Engineer – Modernization Solutions
Siemens Industry – Factory Automation business unit has a Systems Engineer position available. The position is focused on modernization solutions from a competitor’s legacy system to a Siemens-centric architecture. The systems engineer is the technical lead for developing solutions and approaches to legacy system modernization as well as supporting strategic modernization opportunities.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
Acts as the technical lead for modernization solutions for the US market.
Generates specific modernization technical collateral such as application notes and demo’s for reuse by others.
Actively participates in account planning sessions in cooperation with the local sales and technical resources on strategic opportunities.
Provides customers and account representatives with technical product advice and demonstration support during pre-sales discussions.
Develops and presents technical proposals, including product demonstrations and product prototypes.
Guides the account teams to develop modernization plans that are feasible within cost, time, and environment constraints.
Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
Provides software development consultation to prospective users.
Supports marketing and knowledge transfer through participation on the product/technology core teams
Required knowledge/skills, Education, and Experience
A Systems Engineer is experienced in automation architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in architecting complex solutions. A Systems Engineer has comprehensive knowledge in multiple automation areas and extensive knowledge in at least one area. Automation areas include PLC’s, Networking, HMI panels, SCADA, PC-Based Automation, Safety, and Drives/Motion. The Systems Engineer is focused on competitive modernization opportunities and actively participates on product/technology core teams bringing depth of knowledge around modernization solutions to the core teams.
BS in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science
Typically 5-10 years of experience in automation/motion systems and demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
Technical Skills Required
Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience with Rockwell Automation
PC Based Automation
Engineering Soft Skills Required
Proof of concept
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Prior Siemens automation experience is a plus
• Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunity than others. Can rally the organization behind the right opportunities and initiatives
• Strategic Agility: Is future oriented. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Strong in influencing without control
• Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, in face of resistance and setbacks
• Business acumen: Knows how business works and is aware how the strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends and information affecting the business
• Organizational Agility: Knows how to get things done through formal and informal networks. Understands the culture of the organization. Is able to work effectively in a matrix structure to exploit opportunities
• Customer Focus: Intense customers focus and uses customer information for improvement in products and services