Cardiovascular Clinical Marketing Specialist
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 226536
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 70%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Director of Cardiovascular Clinical Marketing Manager will have broad responsibility for the development and execution of Siemens Clinical Marketing Strategy, faculty content development, and white paper submissions. This position will be part of Siemens Cardiology Marketing Division. This position will develop and then assume responsibility for execution of a strategic plan for the clinical marketing components across Siemens strategic growth initiatives by partnering with key stakeholders in market development, professional development, collaborations, Medical Innovations Team (Princeton), and Product Management. This individual will then ensure needed clinical studies are driven to completion and maximum value is derived by driving influential and meaningful publications, presentations, abstracts, symposia and case studies of the resulting clinical information aligned with the Siemens Cardiology Marketing Strategy. The director will also maintain a diverse portfolio of strategic clinical relationships, encouraging interest, study, support, and acceptance of Siemens technology for existing and future applications.
· Collaboratively develop, maintain and execute an 18 month, forward looking, clinical marketing plan, with the Clinical, Science and Data, Professional Relations Director and Product Marketing teams by identifying key clinical messages and topics in support of the strategic and marketing plans.
· Cultivate collaborative relationships with current and future thought leaders in academic and clinical medicine at the local, regional, national, and international level.
· Ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding Siemens current commercial products, pipeline products under clinical study, and ongoing scientific, engineering, or HCP initiatives in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner.
· Work closely with industry thought leaders to develop podium and symposia content to appropriately disseminate Siemens clinical and scientific information and drive messaging for current commercial products and pipeline products under clinical study.
· Implement medical strategies in collaboration with cross-functional team members for designated customers that include potential clinical trial site identification and review of investigator-initiated research protocols.
· Stay current on relevant clinical, pre-clinical, engineering, and economic data and disseminate key points and messaging to internal stakeholders, including sales
· Foster and maintain relationships with sales team to identify and engage clinical and economic barriers
· Collaboration required with:
o Product marketing and Professional Relations Director to recommend, create, and execute medical evidence dissemination plans
o Medical Education to support sales and profit objectives to increase shareholder value.
o Regulatory to maintain and ensure accuracy of Marketing Claims Matrix
· Activities/Projects include:
o Development of clinical and technical articles in collaboration with our faculty
o Development of symposia content
o Faculty training
o Speaker Training
o Sales Training
o Physician meetings / clinical discussions
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Advanced Scientific degree or equivalent experience required. (PharmD, MD, PhD, or DNP strongly preferred)
· Minimum of 2 years of Postdoctoral experience, or equivalent, in the healthcare environment to provide strategic and scientific/medical direction to national/regional business unit functions.
· Must be science oriented and be able to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
· Ability to digest scientific and clinical study manuscripts and presentations to deliver clear, simple, focused messages to internal stakeholders.
· Thorough knowledge of devices, treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, customer strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines applied to the medical device industry is preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required.
· Ability to network and partner with important customers, including thought leaders is required.
· Ability to travel (about 75%).
· Must have the ability to gain customer feedback, uncover business opportunities and pair customer's unmet needs with available internal resources.
· Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments, including Clinical, Science and Data team, Regulatory, Research and Development, New Business Development, Sales and Marketing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Previous experience in a Field Medical based position is preferred.