Technical Support Engineer
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 226539
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Under general direction, provides technical product support for Building Automation Systems which meets customer requirements and needs in a timely manner. This role requires exceptional analytical, customer focus, and collaboration with the support team to triage and handle customer issues.
• Manages technical needs in Building Automation Systems and components installed by Siemens branch offices, Independent Field Offices and Dealers.
• Logs, tracks, troubleshoots, and resolves low to medium difficulty technical questions via telephone.
• Updates and maintains integrity of company knowledge database for common issues and their resolutions.
• Keeps knowledge current with new and existing company products, and troubleshooting systems and components installed by Siemens field offices, IFOs, and dealers.
• Completes all necessary internal training programs.
• Writes news articles for company monthly publications to field organization, and service bulletins for common problem/ resolution.• Provides after hours coverage (24/7) including working early, late, and on-call outside of normal business hours on a round robin schedule.
• May perform on-site travel, with higher-level engineers to troubleshoot issues with systems and components.
• Under the direction of a higher-level engineer, tests software and hardware patches and solutions provided from product development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Hardware or Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent related experience.
• Up to 1 year Field Support Engineering experience or other related experience.
• This job is ideally suited for a recent graduate who has great technical skills, interacts well with others, and has effective communication skills.
• Must be able to provide after-hours coverage (24/7) including working early, late and on call outside of normal business hours on a round robin schedule.
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills and exceptional customer service skills necessary.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system and computer networking is a plus.
• Experience in Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) with a good knowledge of its ecosystem.