Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 226550
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
This is 1st shift Receiving Inspector position.
This person will work within the inspection team of the supplier quality organization and will be responsible for performing receiving/incoming inspection, first article inspection report (FAIR), generating non-conforming material report (NMR), handling stock purges, return defective material back to vendor (RPO/DN) and performing details measurements analysis on complex parts using advance measurement equipment (CMM, OGP, Comparator etc.).
This person will also participate in collaborative improvement efforts within the manufacturing quality and supply chain environment; ensuring that the necessary quality processes/tools/techniques are used to ensure a problem free solution is achieved. This person will be involved hands on in inspecting, sorting, purging of products both in the production areas as well as in the warehouse and stockroom. Warehouse or Inventory Control work will be required and will involve various material handling including the use of pallet jacks. Must have ability to lift, move, and organize material in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
The successful candidate will be able to do the followings:
- Perform daily receiving inspection on incoming lots of purchased components and finished products. Enter inspection results in the component quality inspection folder (SIP).
- Complete, distribute and archived first article inspection reports (FAIR).
- Perform measurements analysis on sample parts to resolve quality issues of production process capability; parts tolerances; and materials/supplier related issues.
- Generate non-conforming material reports (NMR) and handle stock purges and verify, count parts.
- Process the return of defective material back to vendor (RPO/DN).
- Perform all SAP transactions within the quality module of ERP system.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce our commitment to CPS Quality in our Daily work
- Participate in problem solving to determine root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Maintaining the integrity of the ISO-9001 certified quality system requirements with lean, cost effective strategies that meet the organizations needs.
- Advocating as the "voice of the customer" demanding the highest quality expectations from the organization.
- Hands on work in inspecting, sorting, purging of defective products both in the production areas as well as in the warehouse and stockroom.
- Must have ability to lift heavy objects (up to 35lbs), move, and organize material in a manufacturing/warehouse environment including the use of hand operated pallet jacks and forklift.
- Provide hands-on support to mfg quality operations ensuring consistent production of high quality products
- Executing the duties of the position such that the focus is largely proactive versus reactive.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical or Mechanical or if applicable equitable Engineering and Mechanical experience
- 5 years experience within a manufacturing supply chain ISO-9001 environment.
- 2-3 years manufacturing quality inspection experience preferred.
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
- Technical knowledge and hand-on experience using various measurement equipment (CMM, OGP, Comparator etc) preferred.
- Knowledge of EMS (Electronic manufacturing Supplier) product and manufacturing processes, methodologies, and inspection techniques.
- Knowledge of First Article and Critical Characteristic requirements.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, and energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
- Experience with engineering drawings & tolerance, standards & specifications
- Proven track record of hands-on problem solving and driving continuous quality improvements within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the use of MS Office suite; Windows Operating System; and SAP preferred.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing production principles preferred.
- This person should possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, problem solving skills.
This person should be able to support his beliefs with hard data and present it in a professional manner.
This person should also have the capacity to work well within a team environment.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.