Service Specialist II - Security Solutions & Systems - Access Control / CCTV / Intrusion - Building Technologies - Hayward, CA
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 226553
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management.
Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
""Are you ready to be one of the primary contacts for a large multi-site customer
looking for dedicated resources for their security needs?""
Main objective of the position is to be one of the primary Points of Contact for a select Enterprise Security Account customer servicing multiple locations in the area.
• The Enterprise team provides dedicated personnel from sales, solutions and service to
specific Siemens customers across the US and abroad.
• This position will be reporting to one of the Managers of Key Accounts who oversees
multiple personnel directly responsible for service, solutions and technical support for
multiple Enterprise customers.
• Coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs service for new equipment
installation, equipment or system repairs. Along with some minor small installation
• Creates connections to various sensors and electrically powered devices; validates
connections to power source and/or terminates wiring, mounting of parts and testing
• Network Technologies: participates in the verification of point database and that programming
operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs
up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and
resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original
Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; acts towards resolution
of issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed.
• Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP
Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs.
• Project Site Communication and Coordination: provides support for the scheduling of trade
contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network
drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with
equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database
requirements for integration to their systems.
• Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to
analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and
verify consistency with the contracted scope of work, assures customer acceptance;
trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports;
provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be
considered for this position.
• Education minimum high school diploma
• Security Integration Work experience 3 -5 years required
• Card Access, CCTV and Security experience required
10 -15% travel required
Position is required to be located in the San Francisco, CA. area.
• Must be Software House certified
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.