Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 226613
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Sandy Springs
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a global leader in moving traffic, with thousands of mobility professionals world-wide. We imagine, develop, and build some of the most innovative products in the world to support the movement of traffic. Some of these products are regionally specific, while others bring together teams of individuals to meet this challenge on a global scale.
At Siemens ITS we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making the products and offering services that help traffic flow safely and efficiently.
The Traffic Signal Maintenance Electrician is responsible for the maintenance, repair, installation, and ongoing operation of traffic signals, streetlights, and ITS (Intelligent Traffic Systems) equipment. Qualified applicants will have excellent troubleshooting skills working with a wide range of traffic signal and ITS equipment. Works independently and as part of a team to provide optimum levels of service to Siemens’ agency customers.
• Maintain, repair and install all types of traffic signals and street lighting
• Perform routine maintenance as required
• May perform other duties as required by area supervisor
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Must possess a class 2 (non-restricted) electrical journeyman’s license in the State of Georgia.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required.
- Experience performing aerial work from a bucket truck OR May be required to get bucket truck operator certification.
- Excellent electrical troubleshooting experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to move supplies and equipment of up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able and willing to work at heights typically associated with repair, installation, and maintenance of traffic signals and streetlights.
- Must be able to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam and drug test.
Desired Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· GA Commercial Driver’s License, GA Hoisting License desirable but not required, must be able to obtain within 1 year from hire.
· Electrical License in Florida desirable as well but not required.
· Traffic signal and/or streetlight maintenance/construction experience a plus