Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 226617
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Sandy Springs
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
The Groundman assists with street level maintenance of plant and equipment associated with traffic signal and street light installation and maintenance. Works closely with traffic signal and street lighting technicians to provide optimum maintenance services to agency customers.
- Maintains street level plant and equipment on a daily basis including concrete ground boxes, poles, and various containers housing traffic signal switching and other electrical equipment.
- Utilizes hand tools, shovels, and concrete equipment when maintaining, removing or installing new underground conduit and related plant.
- Operates hydraulic bucket truck when needed.
- Performs maintenance on street lighting fixtures and other housings when needed, utilizing hand and power tools.
- Mixes & pours concrete on new installations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as a ground laborer, utilizing shovels and other hand tools.
- Ideal candidate will have traffic safety zone training and experience working with concrete.
- May be required to get IMSA Work Zone Safety certification and bucket truck operator certification.
- Must have a valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Must be able to move supplies and equipment of up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam and drug test.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- IMSA Work Zone Safety certification preferred but not required.
- Bucket truck certification preferred but not required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.