Digitalization Services Engineer
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 226694
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens Industry, Customer Services Division, Motion Control segment is currently looking for a Post Sales Application Engineer to support the Digitalization portfolio in Machine Tool and General Motion Control sub segments.This is a field execution role that will support /assist Technology and CS Sales in the execution of the Siemens Digitalization portfolio and projects.
• Develop and provide a deep technical knowledge of the Digitalization portfolio, tools, and integration requirements.
• Establish technical credibility with the Industry Sales Division and with customers related to the MC Digital portfolio, including manage my machine, Sinumerik Integrate, MindSphere, etc.
• Provide execution support for the Siemens Digitalization portfolio to machine tool customers.
• Assist in sales calls with the customer, develop and conduct demo concepts for customers, explain methodologies used to implement Plant Security Services for the customer.
• Provide technical input to the Bid Manager and Sales on measuring concepts and delivery requirements as part of the quotation process.
• Assist in training of the sales force related to Motion Control Digital Services/MindSphere.
• Communicate technical requirements and customer needs to Business Developers and management to stimulate US growth.
• Develop and nurture deep expertise in CS MC Digitalization Services discipline
• Help grow the portfolio knowledge among various internal sales channels
• Conduct value workshops at customer facilities to educate customer on Digitalization and MindSphere Services needs and help improve the opportunity chances of closing
• Provide input to Proposal Manager and sales on technical solution concept and delivery requirements
• Represent the Digitalization expertise in marketing efforts by contributing to the content and in developing sales kit
• Develop relevant vertical application expertise by aligning with technical business units
• Attend relevant conferences, network with industry leaders, and seek appropriate speaking opportunities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education. and Experience
-Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Technology related degree
-Knowledge and hands on working proficiency with applicable cyber security standards involving critical infrastructure, including those relating to process networks
-Solid working awareness of security assessment, vulnerability and penetration testing, security design, implementation and managed security services.
-Strong switching, routing, network security and packet analysis background
-Sales and presentation skills
-Knowledge in software programming, included and not limited to, C++, Python, .NET
-Ability to establish relationships, build teamwork in a matrix environment