IT Field Technician - Infrastructure - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 226718
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Supports all branch employees in the set-up, maintenance, and emergency repairs of IT equipment, including laptop computers, peripheral devices, printers, and smartphones.
Manages device hardware and software to ensure optimal functionality
Installs and configures appropriate software upgrades according to specifications.
Ensures security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
Provides orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
Identifies computer or network equipment shortages and places orders.
Performs troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging, etc.), deploying temporary equipment (mobile and desktop phones, computers) as needed until issues are resolved.
Works with equipment vendors and Siemens IT to manage and lower repair time and subsequent employee downtime.
Assists with on-/off-boarding Support of personnel, commissioning and decommissioning software, hardware, phones, etc. per Siemens’ policies.
Acts as IT Champion/Liaison, leading efforts for IT software and hardware upgrades and deployment while interacting with various Siemens stakeholders.
Manages IT tickets: Logs tickets for first-level Siemens IT support; coordinates ticket resolution between IT and end-user; manages escalations and resolutions. (May perform first-level support for Help Desk activities.)
Processes all assigned tasks and checks progress of agreed transactions and workflows to ensure timely completion.
Completes IT operations and maintenance-related transactions with involved internal and external parties.
Responds to operations related enquiries, may act as first point of contact in subject matters.
Collaborates with functionally involved Operations Professionals.
Works independently, as a stand-alone position or within a functionally-dedicated team of IT Operations Professionals; Adheres to operational working rules and guidelines, and proposes process improvements.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required experience: Proven experience as an IT support technician.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficiency with diverse computer systems and networks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
- Preferred education: Associate’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Preferred experience: At least two years in IT tech support.
- Other preferences:
- Related certification (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, etc.)
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.