Engineering Specialist I - Building Automation - San Diego, CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 226719
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Provides engineering and design, technical/installation, and project management for projects in assigned portfolio.
Manages all financial aspects of assigned projects, including invoicing, forecasting, change order proposals, etc.
Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
Analyzes available plans, specifications, and customer contract to determine system requirements
Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet customer requirements.
Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical installation, or other problems.
Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, and commissioning for assigned projects.
Participates in job site final walk-through and service team turnover for all assigned projects.
Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
May coordinate scopes of work with subcontractors as needed
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required experience: Three years of experience in the installation and maintenance of building automation systems
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
- Preferred education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred experience: computer programming language and network architecture experience.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.