Fire & Security Sales Manager -St Louis MO
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 226735
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Saint Louis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens Building Technologies is actively searching for a Branch Sales Manager managing one of our most fastest growing volume territories – St. Louis. Reporting into the St. Louis office, the Fire & Security Sales Manager is responsible for driving employees to achieve business selling goals within the appropriate division through managing the sales function and ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained.
• Promote team selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas.
• Coordinate engineering and sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products; Acts as a resource to sales employees regarding SBTs products, applications and services.
• Drive sales employees to achieve commitment to Building Technologies’ philosophy and customer satisfaction.
• Communicate goals, provide coaching to develop skills, manage employee performance, and provide performance appraisals.
• Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives. Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
• Participate in selling to large/key accounts as needed. Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts and consider these customers needs relative to new product development.
• Support Building Technologies by networking with Zone, Branch, and corporate headquarters to increase knowledge of offerings, for yourself, your team and other employees.
• Provide input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects.
• Develop sales forecast and provide input to budget. Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact to SBT. Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies.
• Develop sales/ marketing promotions for distribution channels.
• Aware of competitor product/service information and advises employees on effective sales tactics as needed.
• Maintains trade contacts and participates in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy. • Selling Engineered Systems Sales/Management, Service business to business Sales/Management, Building Automation, Temperature Controls, Fire Alarm or Security experience is preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED required) and directly related experience will also be considered.
• 8+ years of sales experience including two years of experience managing sales teams within a similar Building Automation industry.
• Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills for coaching sales staff and interfacing with customers.
• Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
• Must have a valid driver's license in good standing in order to participate in the Siemens Vehicle Plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.