Engineering Specialist II
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 226738
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
For more information, please visit:
• Attends pre-booking and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate the accuracy of sales estimate and job layout.
• Reviews plans, specifications, and contract to determine project requirements.
• Designs, plans, and handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
• Prepares submittals containing schematics, descriptions and technical literature for the approval of the owner's representative or as required.
• Obtains submittal approval and prepares as built drawings.
• Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
• Selects product sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
• Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems.
• Prepares and justifies engineering re-estimate reports.
• Provides on-site assistance with or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
updates pertinent job related information.
• Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
•Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a discipline of Electrical, Mechanical or Energy preferred, however candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and experience will also be considered
• 5-8 years of HVAC or Building Automation Controls experience is preferred
• Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, business operations, and job financial reports is preferred
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• A competitive salary
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.