Electrical Controls Technical Support Engineer
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 226836
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens Customer Service Technical Support is searching for a qualified
candidate that will possess an electrical or electronics background. This includes
work experience in industrial controls, or similar industry to assist customers with
Siemens products in the field.
• Daily use of a Customer Relations Management software tool (Siebel ASSIST) in which customer questions are placed in a queue on a first in, first out basis, requiring no more than 2 hr. call back time.
• The ability to understand questions posed by parties in the electrical controls and power distribution industry including contractors, integrators, electricians, control and power distribution distributors and internal Siemens Business Developers and Sales Engineers among others.
• Candidate will need to be able to multi task and be able to switch between the support of different products throughout the course of the day in a fast paced environment.
• Candidate will be required to interpret operations and maintenance manuals, and effectively bring wiring, troubleshooting, and application solutions, including technical product detail to customers over the phone or via email.
• Job requires full attention to detail and the ability to follow and interpret verbal communication as well as summarize these conversations in written form within an activity in ASSIST.
• Performance will be based on Customer Survey scores sent out after each case is closed, knowledge sharing and learning, team performance and interaction, as well as meeting immediate team and organizational goals.
• Position does not offer a regular remote working environment.
• Some after hour work may be required
• 5 years of experience in industrial electrical controls field (will consider a recent college graduate with a degree in a form of electronics specific to this opportunity required skills)
• Hands on working proficiency with soft starters, elevator starters, overload relays, cotactors, ups systems, circuit breakers and switches
• Candidate should have product knowledge or field experience in electrical control and circuit protection
• Knowledge in industrial communication and networking
• Experience providing detailed information over the phone in a prior technical support role with the ability to provide a moderate level of technical phone support to both internal and external customers
• Proficiency in speaking Spanish would also be valuable
• Background in Electrical Controls Technical Support