Industrial Machine Tool Service - Business Development Professional (CNC) - Midwest
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 226863
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Lebanon
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htmv
Siemens End User Customer Service Sales is looking for an business development professional in a "Direct Sales" role.
The CS MC Machine Tool Service Business Developer aims at taking to market, articulating the value proposition, discussing the techno-commercial aspects and supporting the closing of the sale. The business developer will also drive the top line growth of CS Motion Control Service for Siemens by generating demand, working with end user customers, the various sales teams and bringing the required expertise to maximize the number of connected customers to the Siemens IT operating system and driving sale of the entire Service Portfolio. The Business Developer will support an end user MC service sales territory. The positon works across the businesses of Siemens and its sales organizations, to support and systematically develop the service and digitalization business. The role will also be involved in working with volume targets and sales growth goals and targets. The right candidate will go through a rigorous training on the portfolio and the go to market strategy.
- Understand the Motion Control Service Portfolio including Spare Parts, Repair, Technical Support, Service Contracts, Asset Optimization, Control Upgrades, Retrofits and Digitalization.
- Understands and learns all the technical aspects and differentiating points of MindSphere.
- Works systematically with various go to market entities in Siemens and tracks & traces the various opportunities using the relevant CRM systems.
- Must have good knowledge of applications and use cases and must be in a position to develop use cases working with partners.
- Develops the required strategies for large opportunities and leads / works with pursuit teams to clinch deals.
- Preempt potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Display independence in working with teams and end user customers to achieve goals and targets.
- Territory is Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota & Iowa
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
5+ years of experience in Sales / Business Development role
Must have a proven track record of meeting and/or exceeding sales targets
Experience in working with customers and sales organizations in the space of Industrial Machine Tool equipment in conjunction with IT Digital Technology
Relevant experience in Technical Sales / Software System Sales / IT Platform Sales.
Minimum of a Technical Degree prefer Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science or/and a MBA.
Experience in App development will be an added advantage
Relevant experience in Technical Sales / Software System Sales / IT Platform Sales
Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan