Senior Engineer, Major Accounts - Security Service - Cypress CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 226867
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Provides system and designs support for the Siemens Customer Site Project Management Office ( PMO ). Includes; project related overview, small project support, service equipment - replacement equipment related to service to project work.
Provides software support for various security systems, including both end user and field panel programming.
Assists with review and analysis of recommendation of service (break/fix) to project’s scope.
Reviews or develops recommended bill of materials needed for the service to project scope.
Reviews customer site-developed standards and reviews projects to determine that they are within standards. If approved exceptions are implemented, this engineer ensures that those exceptions are documented and logged / tracked.
Reviews current technologies to determine whether they are fulfilling the needs for projects; researches additional technologies that could meet customer requirements better.
Assists with the structure and application of documentation control
Assists with training and auditing of customer related cyber security and NERC compliance.
- Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) needed to be successful in this role.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and properly interpret construction drawings and specifications while providing direction to others on design and documentation.
- Expertise in security-related construction methods, process, and requirements—including related electrical and building codes and standards.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights when required.
- Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Preferred Knowledge and training in the following systems:
- Preferred education: Engineering bachelor degree in electronic, network, or computers, or equivalent education and experience preferred
- Other preferences:
- Knowledge of NERC and related FERC standards and requirements.
- Experience with Software House C•CURE 9000 Enterprise
- Experience with Genetec’s Omnicast, Mission Control, and/or Security Center
- CLIQ Tracka programmable key technology
- Experience with Federal Signal products
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.