Industrial Machine Tool Service - Business Development Professional (CNC) – Southeast
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 226871
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Other Locations: United States-Ohio-Lebanon
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
Siemens End User Customer Service Sales is looking for an business development professional in a "Direct Sales" role.
The CS MC Machine Tool Service Business Developer aims at taking to market, articulating the value proposition, discussing the techno-commercial aspects and supporting the closing of the sale. The business developer will also drive the top line growth of CS Motion Control Service for Siemens by generating demand, working with end user customers, the various sales teams and bringing the required expertise to maximize the number of connected customers to the Siemens IT operating system and driving sale of the entire Service Portfolio. The Business Developer will support an end user MC service sales territory. The positon works across the businesses of Siemens and its sales organizations, to support and systematically develop the service and digitalization business. The role will also be involved in working with volume targets and sales growth goals and targets. The right candidate will go through a rigorous training on the portfolio and the go to market strategy.
- Understand the Motion Control Service Portfolio including Spare Parts, Repair, Technical Support, Service Contracts, Asset Optimization, Control Upgrades, Retrofits and Digitalization.
- Understands and learns all the technical aspects and differentiating points of MindSphere.
- Works systematically with various go to market entities in Siemens and tracks & traces the various opportunities using the relevant CRM systems.
- Must have good knowledge of applications and use cases and must be in a position to develop use cases working with partners.
- Develops the required strategies for large opportunities and leads / works with pursuit teams to clinch deals.
- Preempt potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Display independence in working with teams and end user customers to achieve goals and targets.
- Territory is Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota & Iowa
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Sales / Business Development role
- Must have a proven track record of meeting and/or exceeding sales targets
- Experience in working with customers and sales organizations in the space of Industrial Machine Tool equipment in conjunction with IT Digital Technology
- Relevant experience in Technical Sales / Software System Sales / IT Platform Sales.
- Minimum of a Technical Degree prefer Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science or/and a MBA.
Experience in App development will be an added advantage
Relevant experience in Technical Sales / Software System Sales / IT Platform Sales
Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan