Business Development Prof.
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 226877
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives
Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve
time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We
support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and
efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For further information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Assist in the development, implementation and execution of an overall chemical industry market growth plan, including major accounts, “second tier” accounts, OEM’s, EPC’s, system integrators and channel partners. A primary focus is Process Automation (Distributed Control Systems) in the Chemical industry. There is particular emphasis on our Digitalization portfolio.
The Chemical Industry Manager is responsible for the achievement of Chemical Industry business targets, including e.g.: order intake, opportunity pipeline and account penetration. The emphasis is on our Process Automation and Digitalization business volume in the Chemical Industry
The position reports to the US Director, Vertical Segment Chemical in Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division
- The role is to identify, qualify, pursue and close Process Automation opportunities in the Chemical Industry
- The Chemical Industry Manager assists our Process Industries and Area Sales teams supporting Process Automation Accounts in the Chemical Industry
- The candidate must be able to successfully coordinate a virtual team that does not report directly to him/her.
- The Chemical Industry Manager provides timely updates to management on progress toward execution of Industry preference creation and account penetration plans
- The Chemical Industry Manager is responsible to escalate key customer issues as is required to obtain satisfactory and timely resolution
- The Chemical Industry Manager is responsible to assure that customers are provided and satisfied with appropriate technical application assistance.
- The Chemical Industry Manager is responsible to assure the knowledge transfer for Digitalization applications and solutions to the local sales force and vertical team.
- In conjunction with Siemens local Sales teams, the Chemical Industry Manager:
Discovers/understands customer's primary business goals, operations, challenges, requirements, organization and develops sponsorship with key decision-makers.
Identifies, seeks out and obtains technical/other resources within Siemens BU’s to engage with the account team in opportunity pursuits as is necessary.
Establishes/maintains relationships with key management personnel within Chemical industry companies and OEM/EPC’s that provide equipment and services to the Chemical industry
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 5+ years experience with Process Automation ( Distributed Control Systems- DCS)
- Experience and knowledge concerning the Siemens Software Portfolio relevant for Process Industries
- Thorough understanding of chemical industry processes, applications, business drivers, trends and issues, including end-user community and key EPC’s serving the industry.
- Proven ability to develop opportunity pursuit strategies and lead pursuit of complex opportunities across multiple sales organizations and companies.
- This position requires 40% travel
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Understands and knows the Process Automation market, its drivers and challenges, key competitors and the likely future trends in the Chemical industry.
- Five to 10 years of experience working in the chemical industry, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering environment, or equivalent experience in marketing or engineering of Process Automation or Digital Transformation solutions into the chemical industry.
- Fundamental understanding of the Siemens industrial product, solutions and service portfolio is preferred
- Proven ability to develop opportunity pursuit strategies and lead pursuit of complex opportunities across multiple sales organizations and companies ( end users, engineering firms, systems integrators, etc…
- Chemical Engineering degree preferred