Business Program Intern
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 226907
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Durham
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: None
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
The candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team at Siemens Healthineers’ computed tomography (CT) which is devoted to clinical collaborations with luminary sites in the United States. Computed tomography is part of Siemens’ Diagnostic Imaging Division which is a recognized leader of imaging solutions that enable healthcare providers worldwide.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge CT technology, innovative scientists and world renowned physicians; all carrying the ability to impact the future particularly for the care of patients when imaging play an instrumental role in screening, diagnosis or to therapy guidance.
The candidate will directly report to one of the staff scientist and collaborations manager covering the south-east region of the United States.
- Contribute to research projects in the scientific collaborations team of computed tomography.
- Assist in experimental design, data collection, and data analysis
- Interact with expert radiologists, medical physicists, engineers and technologist with whom we are working on ongoing collaboration projects that are driving
- Prepare scientific reports ranging from scientific papers, abstracts to conferences or regular presentations (i.e. power points) with interim reports.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- B.S. in medical physics, biomedical engineering or related field.
- At least 6 months experience in medical imaging
- 1 year of programming experience in Matlab, C++ or Phyton, e.g. writing reusable code.
- Excellent team working and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic and interdisciplinary team of experts.
- Candidate should be able to travel at least 10% of the time.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Acquisition and postprocessing of computed tomography data
- Familiarity with image analysis and postprocessing
· Prior experience in writing scientific reports (i.e. scientific papers or submissions to scientific conferences)