MindSphere IoT Global Partner Director - Bay Area, CA
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 226911
Primary Location: United States-California-Fremont
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
MindSphere IoT Global Partner Director
Come join our startup culture and participate in designing, developing and delivering the next generation of Solutions on MindSphere…
Learn more about MindSphere and catch our excitement:
As a key member of the Global partner eco-system team this individual will be responsible for working with Global partners to develop clear strategies on how business can be jointly developed. This individual will have to engage at strategic levels across large complex organizations and ensure that the target partner is prioritizing the MindSphere program.
This person will have to be strategic in nature in developing both short & long term plans that will drive the mutual success of the companies.
A key element of this role will be to drive large strategic deals across Global SIs and ensure that order and revenue goals are achieved.
This role will be critical to driving deals in excess of $2.5M in recurring revenue in a year. In this position, you will have to balance building a partnership, and at the same time identify partner led deals that can be closed in 6-9 months’ timeframe.
You will build a business management system to track performance at a global level of key partnerships. In addition to establishing key metrics for success you will identify joint solutions that can be developed ensuring that the partnership goes from business to solution level. It will be key for this person to manage executive level interface between the companies and ensure that there is visibility to progress on both sides. You will need deep experiences in managing Global SIs and success showing how solutions can be built and launched worldwide.
Success will be measured in performance against pre-defined financial
• Strategic direction creation and management for partner on a global
• Creation and management of partner-led opportunity funnel
• Common framework for engagement and best practice development
• Sr. executive alignment ensuring that right meetings are taking place
• Solution development that leads to broader market penetration
• Technical engagement on joint whitepapers.
• Ensure alignment on corporate messaging & press releases.
• Develop and implement rules of engagements, resource allocation.
• Ensure global consistency in message and focus.
• Metrics & KPI definition for joint success
• Define and handle escalation & issue resolution
• Understand the competition and use knowledge to effectively position
Siemens MindSphere Partners to win.
• Operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years sales/alliance experience in the
the area of enterprise software, Cloud and/or IOT
• Candidate understands the complex requirements for building strong partnerships at a global level
• Candidate should have deep experience in alliance partner management and generating partner sourced pipelines.
• Candidate must have a strong history of business development achievements over career.
• Candidate will have excellent presentation skills, complimented by exceptional written and oral skills at the executive level, along with strong organizational abilities.
• Candidate will have broad familiarity with a variety of technologies and expertise in a subset of those. Areas of particular emphasis are:
o IoT Platforms & Applications
o Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
o BI & Analytics (R, SAS, Tableau)
• Can articulate and understand the customer strategy and Siemens solution strategy independently.
• Must have easy access to a major airport.
• Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel.
• Candidate will have 4 year college degree or equivalent work
NOTE: Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored
work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Prefer working knowledge of manufacturing industry.
• Prefer experience selling cloud-based software solutions.
• Prefer previous experience selling OEM-based solutions.
• Deep partner management experience at Exec levels with Global System Integrators and Consulting Firms