Mindsphere Partner Development Manager
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 226916
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
As a key member of the regional partner eco-system team this individual
will be responsible for working with local partners to transact IOT
projects working with Partner Solution Architects, Sales & Pre-sales
for MindSphere. The individual will be knowledgeable on how a partner
can deliver applications and connectivity solutions around MindSphere.
They will engage partners proactively to drive local strategy and
development of actions to close business in quarter. Through engagement
with the strategic partner management team translate the overall plans
into regional deliverables that can drive tangible business results.
Revenue will primarily be driven via customized sell-through business
models, working closely with independent software vendors (ISVs),
industrial equipment providers, and other solution providers to develop
capabilities and/or applications (e.g., MindApps) based on the
MindSphere IoT platform.
Identifies partner coverage gaps (Territory, Product, Industry)
● Exploring white space and new routes to market for MindSphere
● Recruitment of new partners against attrition, and new types of
partners to evolve channel toward SaaS, Cloud, etc
● Understand and sell solutions to address high level business
problems, incorporating the Siemens MindSphere IoT Platform. In many
cases, this will involve engaging with large multi-divisional
● Assist Account Executive to create a compelling business case to sell
the value/ROI of the Siemens solution, frequently dovetailing into the
customer’s long-term product lifecycle.
● Assist Account Executives in devising strategic account plans and
strategies leveraging external partners.
● Understand the competition and use knowledge to effectively position
Siemens MindSphere Partners to win.
● Operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years partner sales experience in
the industry selling enterprise software, Cloud or IOT
● Candidate must have a strong history of achievement over career.
● Candidate will have excellent public speaking skills complemented by
exceptional written and oral skills, along with strong organizational
● Candidate will have broad familiarity with a variety of technologies
and expertise in a subset of those. Areas of particular emphasis are:
● Application Development needs
● Data management (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, ETL platforms)
● Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
● BI & Analytics (R, SAS, Tableau)
● Can articulate and understand the customer strategy and Siemens
solution strategy independently.
● Understand the complex and typically long sales cycles at the
● Must have easy access to a major airport.
● Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel.
● Candidate will have 4 year college degree or equivalent work
experience. Experience in partner management and closing partner led
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Prefer working knowledge of Oil & Gas, Utilities and Healthcare
● Prefer experience selling cloud-based software solutions.
● Prefer previous experience selling OEM-based solutions.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored
work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United