Mindsphere Partner Development Manager - Houston, TX
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 226916
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
For more information, please visit:
Digital Factory (DF) Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
To catch our excitement about Mindsphere watch this video:
Mindsphere Video Link (scroll down in the information to start the video)
As a key member of the regional partner eco-system team this individual will be responsible for working with local partners to transact IOT projects working with Partner Solution Architects, Sales & Pre-sales for MindSphere. The individual will be knowledgeable on how a partner can deliver applications and connectivity solutions around MindSphere. They will engage partners proactively to drive local strategy and development of actions to close business in quarter. Through engagement with the strategic partner management team translate the overall plans into regional deliverables that can drive tangible business results.
Revenue will primarily be driven via customized sell-through business models, working closely with independent software vendors (ISVs), industrial equipment providers, and other solution providers to develop capabilities and/or applications (e.g., MindApps) based on the MindSphere IoT platform.
· Identifies partner coverage gaps (Territory, Product, Industry)
· Exploring white space and new routes to market for MindSphere partners
· Recruitment of new partners against attrition, and new types of partners to evolve channel toward SaaS, Cloud, etc.
· Understand and sell solutions to address high level business problems, incorporating the Siemens MindSphere IoT Platform. In many cases, this will involve engaging with large multi-divisional businesses.
· Assist Account Executive to create a compelling business case to sell the value/ROI of the Siemens solution, frequently dovetailing into the customer’s long-term product lifecycle.
Assist Account Executives in devising strategic account plans and strategies leveraging external partners.
· Understand the competition and use knowledge to effectively position Siemens MindSphere Partners to win.
· Operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgement.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Must have a minimum of 10 years partner sales experience in the industry selling enterprise software, Cloud or IOT
· A strong history of achievement over career
· Excellent public speaking skills complemented by exceptional written and oral skills, along with strong organizational abilities.
· A broad familiarity with a variety of technologies and expertise in a subset of those. Areas of particular emphasis are:
Application Development needs
Data management (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, ETL platforms)
Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
BI & Analytics (R, SAS, Tableau)
· Can articulate and understand the customer strategy and Siemens solution strategy independently.
· Understand the complex and typically long sales cycles at the strategic level.
· Must have easy access to a major airport.
· Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
· Experience in partner management and closing partner led
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Prefer working knowledge of Oil & Gas, Utilities and Healthcare industry.
Prefer experience selling cloud-based software solutions.
Prefer previous experience selling OEM-based solutions.
NOTE: Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.