Materials Logistics Specialist - Overhaul
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 226987
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
We are looking for an Overhaul Material Logistics Specialist to add to our MO CS team. The right person will be highly organized, have a great attention to detail and excellent communication and follow-up skills. This person will assist the engineering and planning group in material-related issues and oversee warehouse activities throughout the overhaul project.
· Manage material mobilization for overhaul project.
· Overhaul material planning to include managing system stocking levels to ensure required material is on hand when required for an overhaul event.
· Assist with material identification/validation for overhaul.
· Manage transportations budget and costs for the overhaul project
· Lead overhaul material and logistics working group for all project requirements.
· Operational oversight of material and logistics for assigned project
· Receive purchase orders for materials that are delivered directly to the depots.
· Request and track Customer-owned Capital Spares.
· Manage inventory cycle count activities of overhaul material at all locations.
· Communicate shipment progress/movement and other equipment related matters in a consistent and timely manner.
· Maintain shipping policies and procedures.
· Gather, analyze and summarize data to prepare and develop visual charts, graphs and presentations for monthly reports.
· Other responsibilities less defined in detail
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Required education: High School diploma, or GED required; College degree preferred.
· Required experience: at least five years of professional experience in a logistics coordination, management experience preferred. The preferred candidate will have experience in the railway industry or corresponding experience in a related field.
· Required travel: 15%
· Other Requirements:
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
o Excellent customer service skills.
o The ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload.
o The ability to perform job duties with a sense of urgency.
o Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.