Production Technician 2
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 226989
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Healthcare Division develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum-from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
We currently have an exciting opening for a Production Technician to assemble Diagnostic Imaging equipment used in Hospitals worldwide..
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· assembling mechanical subassemblies
· assembling and cabling for large electronic assemblies
The assembly process requires the ability to read procedures and assembly drawings. The use of hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools and torque wrenches are required. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to follow processes and procedures and work independently.
This position is located in Hoffman Estates, IL.
• Supports semi-complex manufacturing related studies and processes.
• Gathers and records semi-complex production information; enters data into internal computer systems.
• Participates in semi-complex repairing and retesting for product and/or manufacturing facilities. Helps develop estimates of requirements arising from process changes.
• Resolves semi-complex manufacturing or maintenance related problems affecting daily operations.
• May participate in technical problem solving/troubleshooting support to a manufacturing environment.
• Participates in troubleshooting for machine operations to determine parameters for improving efficiency in a production environment.
HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Knowledge and Experience
• Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
• Generally, 2-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility