Controlling and FinanceBusiness Unit:
Controlling and FinanceRequisition Number:
United States-New Jersey-IselinOther Locations:
United States-Florida-OrlandoAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/ Job Description:
Siemens Corporation has an opening for a Tax Specialist in its Tax Department located in Iselin, New Jersey or Orlando, Florida.
Siemens Corporation is the holding company for all of the Siemens activities in the US. Siemens activities in the US are carried out by over 35,000 employees, and encompass a variety of businesses in Power and Gas, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, and Process Industries and Drives. With revenues of approximately $16 billion, the Siemens group has a breadth of domestic and international tax related activities and challenges.
You will have a broad tax background so that you can interface with the different tax and business functions to aid in the implementation of cross border project arrangements and address operational transfer pricing topics.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Cross-Border Business (“PATAC”). Utilize Siemens internal tools and guidelines to advise Siemens U.S. business units regarding international tax implications and recommended structures for conducting business projects in countries outside the U.S. This includes:
o Analysis of U.S. Tax Treaties, permanent establishment issues, withholding tax issues, and local tax and transfer pricing issues.
o Advising on the best structure and tax implications of delegating employees outbound from the U.S., including shadow payroll issues.
o Reviewing contract provisions and tax provisions of contracts to ensure compliance with recommended tax structure and alignment in terms of other tax issues.
o Assist with the company’s efforts to increase automation of processes and controls around the provision of international project advice (drafting automatic feedbacks for the tool etc.).
o Extensive interface with business unit personnel at all levels to explain tax rules and advice and key aspects of, and reasons for, recommended structures.
o Advise business units regarding appropriate transfer pricing with respect to a wide range of intercompany business transactions – tangibles, intangibles, services, and financial instruments.
o Compile information related to inter-company transactions, including preparation of memoranda and financial data summarizing the business model, transfer pricing arrangements in place, and financial results in order to comply with transfer pricing contemporaneous documentation requirements and defend transfer pricing positions on audit.
Job may require some travel (likely less than 10%).
Required knowledge, skills, education and experience:
· Undergraduate degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Economics, Finance or Accounting.
· J.D. degree (with admission to a state Bar) and/or LLM strongly preferred.
· 5 plus years of combined legal/public accounting/ private industry experience in a tax related environment.
o Including practical experience working with U.S. transfer pricing rules.
o Including practical experience providing tax advice in cross-border business situations.
· Strong tax research skills (including some combination of CCH, RIA, and BNA).
· Advanced proficiency with all Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Self-starter and team-player with strong oral and written communication, organizational (multi-tasking), and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multitask and deal in a calm and balanced way with a variety of issues both expected and unexpected.
Supplemental Desired Skills:
· Experience in dealing with multinational companies.