Product Manager - Cloud Solutions
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 227029
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Product Manager - Cloud Solutions
As a Product Manager at Siemens Building Technologies, you are the entrepreneurial owner of your product range. Working in a cross-functional world-class development environment, you are responsible to identify and deliver a competitive range of products and services that leverage leading edge cloud technologies that will shape the future of the building automation industry, and help to meet our business goals – create loyal customers, generate growth, and
maximize return on investment.
As Product Manager, you:
• Act as the entrepreneurial owner of cloud solutions for building automation systems.
• Develop business plans and product introduction plans on a global/regional basis.
• Manage the product lifecycle from product definition through development, rollout, maintenance, and phase out.
• Represent the voice of the customer within the organization; understand the user experience, and the evolving needs and workflows of our customers in the digital age.
• Drive cross-functional activities related to training, documentation, tools, sales, marketing, and logistics for the product range.
• Create and maintains pricing structures and price position, including ROI impacts.
• Provide sales and operations teams with channel-specific value propositions and technical expertise required to appropriately apply and cost effectively deliver solutions to our customers.
• Stay abreast of new technology trends and how it impacts the solution model.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
• An understanding of web and mobile technologies and cloud software solution architectures
• Experience with SaaS solutions
• Experience in gathering and documenting requirements including user stories and wire-framing
• Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts simply and concisely
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 3-5 years experience in Product Management with a focus on cloud software products and technologies
• Experience with Agile or SAFe teams as well as stage/gate development practices