Business Unit: Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 227033
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
Siemens Energy Alpharetta Electrical Engineering group is seeking a candidate who understands and can manage the typically fast pace requirements of an application engineering position. The successful candidate will be joining our Engineering team in the Alpharetta Office.
Position will be performing application engineering design for Excitation systems and protection from conception to completion for power generation applications.
- The successful candidate will be responsible carrying a project from kick off to completing turnover documents in timely and efficiently.
- Working with external and internal customers along with other engineers from different disciplines to complete the project.
- Time to time travel to power generating facilities will be required to collect information on their current systems.
- Providing support to our customer with different type of excitation equipment.
- Performing Factory Acceptance Test on our equipment.
- Providing support to field personal remotely when they are working on projects.
- Providing support to training department to develop system trainings.
- Support proposal group technically for custom solutions.
- You will play a crucial role providing support and training to other engineers.
- Development team will require help in different task which exposes engineer in different site of the business.
- You will also be providing help as subject matter to Hotline with their related tickets.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
-Bachelor’s Degree, Electrical Engineering is a must.
- Course work related to power generation, power transmission or electrical machines.
- Self-motivated to produce high quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
- Position requires at least 30% travel
- Candidates should show critical thinking capability and approach to problems logical way
- Applicants must have ability to travel to support business needs
- 8+ years of experience in Field of Excitation Engineering or 15+ years in Field of Excitation and successful demonstration of Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team orientation
- Advanced user of MS Word, Excel, Visio, and Project
- Knowledge on Power plants, Medium voltage drives, protection systems and synchronization systems is plus.