Requirements Engineer -CCNP Solution-DC-OH-MD-PA-NJ-NY
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 227035
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Iselin, United States-Maryland-Baltimore, United States-District of Columbia-Washington, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 70%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
We are seeking a highly skilled individual to fill the position of Network Consultant in the Services department. The position will be reporting directly to the Manager – Advanced Network Consultants Siemens’ facility located in Hollywood, Florida.
The applicant is expected to demonstrate a combination of technical and project management skills. The individual will need to have solid networking background on the design, implementation and troubleshooting sides. The individual will assume responsibility for designing and implementing projects in addition to preparing training material and running training courses as an instructor.
- Execute on assigned Services requests.
- Create preliminary and detailed design documentations for complex Industrial Ethernet Networks.
- Perform on-site activities including:
- Configuration of Network switches and routers.
- Network integration with third party vendors and components.
- Testing of the Network.
- Create test plans and test procedures.
- Perform system tests and produce reports as required.
- Optimize an existing network and stage network changes as needed.
- Develop training course curriculums, build training material and perform training activities as needed.
- Perform network troubleshooting and resolve issues efficiently.
- Create reports summarizing technical work performed and outstanding issues.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Siemens RUGGEDCOM Wireline products.
- Provide post and pre sales support for Siemens RUGGEDCOM products.
- Must have of a Bachelor or a college degree in Electrical Engineering, telecommunication, or computer networks.
- Must possess networking certifications such as CCNP.
- Must have a strong Networking background with a minimum of 3 - 5 years in designing, testing, and installing Ethernet networks in Utility, Transportation (Rail, ITS) and industrial environment.
- Previous experience in preparing training materials and conducting trainings
- Well rounded technical expertise covering industry standard technologies and protocols as related to Industrial Control System (ICS).
- Able to accommodate up to 60 % Travel schedule short notice. (Average of one to two weeks trips).
- Demonstrate excellent fault analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Able to manage his own time and tasks with minimal or no supervision.
- A self starter and able to drive tasks.
- Sound interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, VISIO, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- VMware and virtualization experience
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.