MindSphere Senior Partner Solutions Architect- Toronto, Canada
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 227050
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Mindsphere Senior Partner Solutions Architect
Locations: Atlanta, GA, Livonia, MI, Dallas, TX, Fremont, CA, Toronto, Canada (Working remotely will be considered if located by a major airport or Siemens office.)
As a key member of the partner team, this role is responsible for all technical aspects of the partner sales cycle. Has a clear understanding of the Siemens MindSphere platform, including the overall value proposition and the technology which underpins it. Can clearly articulate the MindSphere architecture and value proposition to a variety of audiences ranging from highly technical to strictly business-oriented especially in the OT environment. Works closely with the Partner Success Manger and Account Executives to develop partner strategy, and—in coordination with the relevant Partner - is responsible for orchestrating the technical sales process from evaluation of customer requirements through planning and execution of any required demos and/or proofs of concept. Ensures that all technical requirements of the Partner & customer are met by the solution as presented and that any customer concerns are addressed. Establishes and maintains partner relationships at a technical level ensuring that application & services built around the MindSphere platform can scale and become standard offerings. Work to ensure that Partners are using MindSphere as their primary OS/Platform for development and ensure that the developer community finds it easy to work with Siemens.
Revenue will primarily be driven via customized sell-through business models, working closely with internal Siemens as well as external resources, e.g. independent software vendors (ISVs), industrial equipment providers, and other solution providers to develop capabilities and/or applications (e.g., Apps on MindSphere) based on the MindSphere IoT platform.
To learn more about Mindsphere and catch our excitement watch the video below:
- Enable MindSphere partners technically to ensure they are able to develop scalable solutions on MindSphere platform for their customers
- Conduct MindSphere technical workshops for and with partners for their customers
- Support partners with the design and execution of use cases identified by partners as part of go to market initiatives
- Support Partners with proposals and opportunities on MindSphere
- Education and documentation of customer & partner requirements and goals
- Scope, plan and execute demos and proofs-of-concept as required to ensure prospects clearly understand the value which can be generated by the MindSphere platform in their organization
- Provide value and become the trusted advisor to partner´s technical stakeholders including developers, DevOps, IT staff, support, services, etc.
- Understand and sell solutions to address high level business problems, incorporating the Siemens MindSphere IoT Platform. In many cases, this will involve engaging with large multi-divisional businesses.
- Assist Partner in devising strategic account plans and strategies.
- Understand the competition and use knowledge to effectively position Siemens MindSphere to win.
- Drive MindSphere hackathons quarterly and contribute building developer community (online and regional)
- Operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Mentoring and teaching other team members in your areas of expertise.
- Interact with peers who are subject matter experts from various organizations and stakeholders from such as partners, business units of Siemens, services etc.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3+ years of Solution Architecture experience in the enterprise software, Cloud or SaaS industry.
- Candidate must have a strong history of achievement over career
- Candidate will have excellent public speaking skills complemented by exceptional written and oral skills, along with strong organizational abilities.
- Candidate will have broad familiarity with a variety of technologies and expertise in a subset of those. Areas of particular emphasis are:
- Public Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- CloudFoundry knowledge
- Application Development Languages and Frameworks (e.g. Java, C/C++)
- Java and J2EE frameworks like JSF, JPA/Hibernate, RESTful and SOAP Web services
- Data Architecture and Management (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, ETL platforms)
- Sound knowledge of JSON
- Can articulate and understand the customer strategy and Siemens solution strategy independently.
- Understand the complex and typically long sales cycles at the strategic level.
- Must reside with easy access to a major airport.
- Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel.
- Candidate will have 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience. Experience in analytics, IoT, or big data management fields (or similar) into large strategic accounts up through the CxO level is required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Prefer experience selling cloud-based software solutions
- Prefer previous experience selling OEM-based solutions.
- BI & Analytics (R, SAS, Tableau)
- Knowledge of Network & Security concepts