Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 227055
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Performs complex inspections and investigations by gathering data related to proper utilization of company labor, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Performs complex planning of equipment layout, workflow, and accident prevention measures to maintain optimum and safe utilization of plant resources.
• Completes the determination of the most economic methods, operation sequence, and tooling for the fabrication and welding of parts and finishing and assembly of components for complex processes.
• Completes designs and develops complex schematic, processes, and equipment.
• Completes complex manufacturing engineer duties; may include plant layout, scrap reduction and quality assurance functions.
• Independently performs full range of standard work for the professional field.
• Refers complex, unusual problems to others.
• Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
Education / Knowledge / Experience
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
• Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
• Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Working Relationships / Direction of Others
• Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
• Provide general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
Additional Responsibilities and Desired Skills
• Teams with Manufacturing in the implementation of process improvements and the resolution of production issues. As part of this responsibility, may lead small ad hoc teams.
• Supports electro-mechanical assembly and test of products.
• Participates in and leads multi-discipline, cross-functional teams:
o Continuous Improvement (processes, methods, etc.).
o Design for Manufacturability, Assembly, and Test (DFx).
o New Product Introduction.
• Demonstrated experience in the design, documentation, and build of tooling and fixtures a plus.
• Familiarity with sheet metal fabrication (Plasma, Press Brake, Saw, etc.) a plus.
o Advanced modeling (Inventor and/or UG) and simulation experience a plus.
o Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.
o Familiarity with SAP a plus.
• Ability to understand technical documentation including:
o Weld standards, processes, and certifications.
o Piece part, weldment, and assembly drawings.
o Material specifications.
o Component specifications.
o Equipment specifications.
o Technical journals and reports.
• Many support activities require the involvement of other departments. As such, an essential characteristic will be the ability to successfully liaise with Manufacturing, Engineering, Planning, Quality, and Purchasing.
• Knowledge of Lean and 5S principles a plus.