Regional Collaborations Director (Central Region)
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 227087
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Cary, United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 75%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
As a remote employee in the Magnetic Resonance (MR) Research Collaborations
Group, manage the research collaborations relationships with a group of
research collaborators in the Central Region.
The Siemens MR R&D Collaborations team in the US is a multidisciplinary group of highly motivated scientists, engineers, and advanced application specialists based at various locations across the country, and working closely with our research partners at Universities and academic hospitals.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team to help maximize the clinical and business impact of our research work. The position will report to the Sr. Director, MR R&D Collaborations for North America. The individual will be responsible for defining, implementing and driving the regional research collaborations strategy and collaborating with internal and external partners to define innovative and clinically relevant MR techniques from prototype to a commercially available product. The individual is expected to work closely with functional teams in design, implementation, and execution of research projects in MR in collaboration with our academic and clinical partners.
Furthermore, the individual will act as a liaison between Siemens’ research collaborators and Siemens’ internal groups worldwide, including, but not limited to R&D, product definition and development teams, and Marketing.
Strong expertise in clinical applications of MR and its physical principles and understanding of how an MRI scanner works is required. Strong attention to detail, outstanding communications skills, ability to create new and innovative solutions, establish and maintain relationships with a variety of people in different roles / levels and physical locations are critical. An outstanding track record of peer reviewed publications in MRI is highly desired.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following areas:
· Define, implement and drive the regional research collaborations strategy
· Collaborate with internal and external partners to define innovative and clinically relevant MR techniques from prototype to a commercially available product
· Work closely with functional teams in design, implementation, and execution of research projects in MR in collaboration with our academic and clinical partners
· Adhere to Siemens’ collaborations policies, and take ownership of the processes for collaboration management with partners in your region.
Research and Development
· Work closely with your academic partners and functional teams to drive MR research and translate this knowledge into MR products.
· Oversee the development of novel, clinically relevant techniques (MR pulse sequences and image reconstruction) with our research partners.
· Monitor the development and release prototypes of novel techniques in compliance with highest source code quality.
· Work closely with functional teams and research partners to define projects of mutual interest that are aligned with the global MR roadmap.
· Oversee product integration of innovative techniques according to quality standards for medical devices.
· Define implementation of improvements of currently existing product features.
· Monitor maintenance and improvements of existing code base, bug fixing, testing.
· Contribute to product protocol development for novel features.
Sales and Marketing Support
· Collaborate on content for articles for Siemens publications such as MAGNETOM Flash together with internal and external collaborators.
· Support educational meetings, tradeshows, and site visits.
· Answer questions from Sales and Marketing related to areas of the team’s responsibility.
· Demonstrate strong knowledge of organization's business practices, issues faced, and contribute to problem resolution of those issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 7 years’ experience in a customer facing, leadership position.
· Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering / Biomedical Physics / Imaging Physics, or equivalent.
· Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
· Strong MR physics background.
· Expertise in MR imaging techniques and clinical applications.
· Experience in working with internal and external partners.
· Outstanding writing, presentation, and communication skills.
· Excellent, inter-personal and teaching skills and a proactive can-do attitude.
· Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
· Team building experience. Ability to build a well-performing team.
· Ability to inspire people to own the development of novel approaches and empowering of team members.
· Ability to multi-task and follow through.
· Ability to act as advocate for different internal and external stakeholders.
· Detail-oriented and organized.
· Excellent skills in negotiation, coaching and communication.
· Understanding in product development cycles in requirements in the medical device industry.
· Anticipate and embrace changes and adapt to evolving needs in healthcare.
· Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a virtual and fast-paced environment.
· Flexibility and adaptability to work in a changing and dynamic team.
· Proven track record of successful customer support in a highly technical environment.
· This role requires travel between 50% and 75%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in research contracting including project definition, funding analysis and grant structures.
· Prior experience working on Siemens’ MR systems is highly desired.
Knowledge of current trends in MRI including the use of AI, ML and big data techniques in new research initiatives.