Senior Product Consultant - Rail Automation - Wayside and PTC
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 227129
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 35%
•Responsible for the development of local business plans, assess market penetration and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share.
•Lead new product definition for the local markets, establish pricing strategies (market analysis, forecast, strategic pricing reviews etc.) and develop marketing tools for successful product introduction and market growth.
•Communicate customer feedback to engineering, manufacturing and sales to enhance existing products or product lines.
• Drive product innovation to create product differentiation, increase market position and generate additional revenue. Attend trade shows and demonstrates new products.
• Coordinate with internal customers regarding product costing, bid proposals, product quality issues, delivery and scheduling to ensure customer needs are understood and that Siemens strategically and tactically responds to them.
• Communicate with internal/external customers on product development, enhancement and delivery. Manage product life cycles, including new product development and product roll out.
• Maintain knowledge of current market trends. Conduct research on future needs, market analyses of competitor’s products/pricing, and synthesize customer requests. Define and propose new product opportunities to senior management for consideration.
• Proactively communicate with customers to determine what new projects may be available - ensuring that Siemens is positioned to increase revenue.
• Structure supplier agreements with Supply Chain and Contracts Administration then communicate terms and conditions with suppliers.
• Develop business cases and define value proposition for new product development proposals
• Participate as subject matter expert in customer meetings supporting the introducing new products
• Identify potential acquisition targets and joint ventures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience