Associate Project Manager - Fire Solutions - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 227146
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
- Work with external parties and customers’ Superintendents, Foremen, and Journeymen to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with assigned projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Coordinate with engineering and technicians supervisors to discuss such matters as work procedures, scope-and-scheduling and work sequence, project-specific safety plans, etc.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site personnel to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with our internal Financial Business Administration (FBA) team to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Work with engineers to produce shop drawings and all project deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with customers/contractors during the project.
- Manage projects to ensure the established budgets are met and ensure products are manufactured to customer specifications.
- Communicate the company's core value of safety and project-specific safety requirements, goals, and objectives.
- Develop project schedules in compliance with customer requirements, deadlines, and/or milestones; develop mechanisms to track schedule progress in the field; and update the schedule regularly.
- Collaborate with our sales team and the customer to identify any variances from the baseline and determine appropriate course of action to remedy any schedule slippage.
- Communicate schedule updates and any schedule slippage remedies to the customer and gain approval including any compensation component.
- Maintain open communication with the customer and discuss potential future projects.
- Provide forecasts to the customer and participate in forecast/budget meetings as required.
- Develop project budget based on the estimate/proposal including the budget breakdown by task and appropriate tracking units and develop cost codes for tasks/units.
- Run reports on projects, tracking cost and billing.
- Collaborate with our Project Procurement Team to manage RFPs for subcontractors, review subcontractor proposals for completeness and scope coverage, furnish information to complete subcontract agreements including scope of work, pricing, and customer-specific requirements.
- Negotiate and approve subcontract scope changes in accordance with all customer contract requirements (i.e. the prime contract conditions which flow though the subcontract).
- Manage Profit & Loss in assigned projects and monthly financial review meetings.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 15%
- Required experience: Demonstrated aptitude based on previous experience or education to be successful managing our commercial construction and direct-to-owner service projects.
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
- Preferred education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred experience: Experience supervising, directing, and motivating professional teams (this will be crucial to managing the project with field labor, subcontractors, and vendors during project delivery phase including installation, start-up, commissioning, and turnover).
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.