Siemens HealthineersBusiness Unit:
Laboratory DiagnosticsRequisition Number:
United States-Delaware-NewarkAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Senior levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineersJob Description:
• Supervise/manage a team of Reliability Engineers – includes staffing, performance management, mentoring, and structure of work flow through the team
• Lead Reliability Engineering Team and drive all Reliability Testing, Analysis and Characterization activities in support of design and development of complex medical equipment
• Define Reliability & Characterization scope, goals and deliverables that support project goals in collaboration with design teams and other stakeholders
• Provide regular updates to team and management on work performed, plans, budget and overall status
• Develop resource plan and budget in support of design & development of complex medical equipment
• Coordinate projects to implement product or process improvements
• Interface with vendors and other departments within the business
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the Reliability Engineering field or Master degree in Reliability Engineering
• Experience leading a Reliability Engineering team in support of design and development of complex medical equipment
• Reliability Plans and Test Protocols, Reliability Allocations, Reliability Growth Testing (RGT), Reliability Demonstration Testing RDT), Life Testing, Stress Testing, etc.
• Ability to Characterize HW against Noise/Controls Factors, Use of Taguchi Methods for Robust Design Optimization, Design of Experiments
• Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Hazard Analysis, Windchill Reliability Prediction/Derating Analysis, FRACAS, Statistical tools.
• Knowledge of Industry and Military Reliability Standards, Statistical Reliability Test Plans, Quality Standards and Design Control Processes
• Knowledge of labview will be a plus
• Knowledge of SCRUM/Agile process will be a plus
• Demonstrated aptitude for achieving results through leading, managing and/or influencing
• Clear communication ability, both written and verbal
• Computer literate using MS Office tools, Visio, Team Foundation, SAP
• Knowledge of FDA, GMP and ISO requirements
• Ability to work cross-functionally with various disciplines, present ideas and make recommendations
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical colleagues
• 25% travel required