Service Technician II - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Bridgeville, PA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 227173
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bridgeville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 80%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Building Automation Service Specialist
Siemens Industry Inc, an industry leader in providing installation, maintenance and repair of all types of building HVAC, fire and security systems, is seeking qualified individuals to join our building automation service team.
The role of a Service Specialist will focus on the installation and maintenance of building management systems utilizing our standard products and graphical user interface. You will learn to bring data from all systems into our graphical user interface and create windows to provide the customer a logical view into their systems. You will be trained on the latest technologies in our building automation needed to bring the information from these systems into one common platform. You will stay up to date on all current trends in network infrastructure and management of graphical user interfaces. You will work closely with the customer informing them of the service provided during your visit, and of issues you observed during the course of your visit. In the performance of your duties you will work very closely with the Client Support Managers, Project Managers and Sales Executive to report on issues discovered during your visit as well as any information about upcoming projects and opportunities that require a higher level of support.
- Be able to diagnose network communication issues that would prevent various pieces of equipment from passing data across the network.
- Insure all assigned preventative maintenance tasks from the customers’ service agreement are delivered in accordance with the contract documents
- Maintain open lines of communication with the customer to address their service concerns and inform them of the work completed during your service visit. .
- Work to become the “Trusted Advisor” to the customer and make recommendations projects or changes that can enhance system operations or create energy savings.
- Stay current with the latest trends in building automation and with the latest equipment offerings.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshoot and installation instructions.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
· Associates degree in Electronics/Mechanical, Networking or related field.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required. Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
· Generally, 3-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Skilled in building automation controls programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
· Knowledge of building automation systems (Siemens, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Automated Logic, etc), HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations. Graphical user interface design, implementation and management
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills
· Local or Regional travel.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 1-2 years of vocational/technical training.