Designer/Drafter - AutoCAD/Electrical
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 227174
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Energy, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Drafter/Designer at their Richland facility. The candidate will have the ability to appraise quality, logic and cost effectiveness of their design and drafting work. The successful candidate will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to learn complex systems quickly. This person reports to Manager of Drafting and Designing and will have no direct reports.
In this role, you will assist Breaker Engineering Department personnel to assure proper execution of the design, compliance with industry standards and customer specifications. Requires the ability to create complex parts, assemblies and bills of material. Must be detail oriented and take ownership of projects. Must be able to work independently on projects to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree or Vocational Training preferred
- Excellent computer skills are required.
- 1 year experience in the CAD field preferred.
- 1 year experience in a Manufacturing facility preferred.
- Experience in mechanical drafting preferred.
- Experience in electrical drafting preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical preferred.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor preferred.
- Ability to program LISP routines is a plus.
- MRP system experience preferred.
- SAP experience is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.