Supply Chain - Strategic Procurement
Business Unit: Strategic Procurement
Requisition Number: 227198
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Are you ready to work in a rapidly expanding environment negotiating with suppliers while also collaborating with engineering procurement , commodity management, corporate procurement and the manufacturing site?
Areas of Responsibility
- Contract negotiations and Master Supply Agreements with selected suppliers.
- Ensure a smooth transition of suppliers/purchased material from engineering procurement to site procurement.
- Active involvement in achieving design-to-cost and operational performance targets for a major new product.
- Significant role in identifying supplier transfer opportunities and then leading/participating in quoting, negotiating and getting internal approvals for the transfer.
- Support site procurement in recurring supplier issues, supplier transfer projects and other significant procurement projects and opportunities.
- Participate in corporate Procurement activities as required.
- Concise, regular reporting of activities in our standard formats.
- Accomplished in implementing practical procedures or systems which are moderately complex, and/or specialized skills which require some technical knowledge to apply.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve difficult issues.
- Proven leadership and “take charge” capabilities.
- Ability to understand and influence a variety of people.
- Prior experience working with SAP a plus.
- Advanced abilities with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Power Point) a plus.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in significant area of Procurement responsibilities.
- Prior involvement in project management.