Engineering Specialist I - Building Automation Solutions - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 227272
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements.
Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
Designs primarily small service building automation systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, and Direct Digital Control panel layouts to meet the intent of project plans, specifications and contract documents.
Designs primarily small project building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
Creates automation system database and job-related programming for computer-based building control systems.
Establishes special calibration instructions on selected equipment.
Oversees the creation of system graphics.
Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical, or pneumatic installation problems.
Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information. Prepares engineering re-estimate reports.
Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes.
Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed. Coordinates work with subcontractors.
Provides engineering services listed above for larger and/or more complex projects with some deviation from standard practices if required.
Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
May be responsible for training and providing guidance to engineering assistants and other specialists.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Experience in the installation and maintenance of building automation products.
- Required travel: 20%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- General knowledge of AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Understands process of construction projects and the requirements to document all changes or deviations to specifications.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts, business operations, and job financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Degree or Certificate in Building Automation Technologies
- Degree or Certificate in HVAC Technologies
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.