Test Design Professional
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 227279
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Test Design Professional
As a Test Design Professional at Siemens Building Technologies, you will participate within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for ensuring that the quality of delivered product meets or exceeds defined requirements.
* Develop test designs and test cases for verification and validation of product functionality through manual and automated tests.
* Document traceability of tests to associated functional and non-functional requirements, justifying efficient and effective coverage.
* Review product specifications with respect to testability and provide feedback.
* Report on test status and outcomes.
* Develop automated tests and implement automated functional and endurance/load tests based upon manual test procedures and end-user workflows.
* Participate on Change Control Board to assess effort and impact of change requests.
* Define test strategy and provide estimates on test efforts.
* Some travel required (~5%).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Bachelor degree in related discipline or advanced degree, where required. Certification may be required in some areas.
* Strong working knowledge of industry-standard testing methodologies.
* Extensive knowledge and experience in test automation (Ranorex, QTP, Jasmine)
* Excellent knowledge and experience with test plan management tools (Quality Center, TFS).
* Experience with risk based testing.
* Experience with any of: C#, VB scripting, Python.
* Excellent knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms.
* Power user knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills in global setup.
* Typically 3-5 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.