Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Field OperationsRequisition Number:
United States-Florida-MiramarAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
45%Division Description:Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
• Maintains accurate documents for the recording of Joint Commission accreditation as well as NFPA 72 documentation.
• Maintains a detailed schedule for customer’s portfolio accuracy and the scheduling of with the customer for day/night/weekend inspection if necessary.
• Leads and coordinates a team for the efficiencies of inspections and paperwork to be
· Assists with routine equipment installation, trial runs and service activity runs to ensure
that it meets specifications for Commercial Fire Alarm Systems.
· Provides assistance with training customers to maintain and adjust routine Fire Alarm
· Performs routine maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. and completes required
service or systems paperwork.
· Assists with responding to routine Fire Alarm service or systems calls.
· Responsible in performing assigned tasks for fire life safety system services.
· Leads in performing tasks to include visual and functional testing on fire detection systems and field devices in accordance with all national and local standards.
· Maintains complete and accurate documentation of tests performed. Assists in responding to service calls (emergency and on-site). Provides needed assistance with troubleshooting techniques and performs minor repairs as directed.
· Assists and observes installing new fire life safety systems and wiring techniques.
· Performs minor repairs as directed for the deficient items found during inspection
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or GED
· 2-5 years experience inspecting fire alarm systems.
· Field service and computer experience.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
· Basic knowledge of AD/DC circuitry, associated low voltage systems
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associate's degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
· NICET Level 2 In Fire Alarm