Senior R&D Mechanical Engineer – Measurement Product Design-OK-TX
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 227299
Primary Location: United States-Oklahoma-Bartlesville
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
R&D Mechanical Engineer
Senior level position responsible for routine aspects of mechanical design, development, and enhancement of Maxum process Gas Chromatographs (GCs). Work with a cross functional team, reporting directly to the R&D Hardware manager.
Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who can work with a high level of independence without day to day direction while staying closely connected with a local/remote/international team. Individual must be able to communicate effectively via e-mail, phone and remote meeting platforms (Circuit, Live Meeting etc).
As a senior team member, will guide and mentor junior team members and support staff. Helps set new directions for the GC product.
Designs complex components and releases them to production. He/she will interface with manufacturing, quality, marketing, electrical engineers, and analytical chemists to define the most cost-effective high-performing solutions for product design challenges.
- Hazardous area design (Ex, purging, Intrinsic Safety) are in all aspects of the design.
- Opportunity to innovate GC detectors, valves and other intellectual property.
- Complex sheet metal design and packaging
- Electronic PCBA & cabling integration
- Thermal and mechanical stress modelling/simulation
- 3D Modeling/printing and hands on prototype development
Candidate should desire residing near northwest Houston, Texas by late 2019. Until then, regular work will occur in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. The candidate’s individual situation will be considered for arranging suitable travel and relocation.
Requirements for Candidates
All of these requirements have to be met
- BS in mechanical engineering
- 10+ years experience in mechanical design
- Proficient with 3D CAD, able to create and maintain complex models and drawing packages, Unigraphics NX (preferred), or SolidWorks
- Knowledge of engineering documentation systems and drawing release processes
- Strong ability to provide clear and complete written reports/design analysis
- Must be fluent in English
At least 5 of these requirements have to be met
- 2+ years in managing a project or sub-project
- 2+ years experience within an R&D organization
- Strong presentation skills
- Good organizational skills
- Effective team player
- Experience/training with mechanical simulation tools for stress and/or thermal analysis
- Experience with conducting and documenting Engineering Studies and Design of Experiments
- Ability to structure component, assembly, and product documentation to foster efficient production, continued product maintenance and upgrade
- 2+ years experience with integrating electrical and electronic components into product designs.
The successful candidate will be working in the Houston, Texas facility by late 2019. Until then, substantial work and training will occur in the Bartlesville, Oklahoma facility. The candidate’s individual situation will be considered for arranging suitable travel and relocation during this time.
- German language skills
- 12+ months experience with chromatography
- 2+ years experience with Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
- 2+ years experience in designing equipment for hazardous area locations
- 2+ years experience with Siemens PLM software TeamCenter®
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Job Description Template