Project Manager: Catheter Engineering
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 227326
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Project Manager 3: Intracardiac Echocardiography (ICE) Catheters
The Ultrasound Division of Siemens Healthcare is looking for a Project Manager (Tech). This position is responsible for planning and coordinating the development of new ICE Catheter and the integration into Siemens Ultrasound platforms.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to project members
- Plan, execute, and finalize projects within the triple constraints of delivering on time, within budget and scope objectives.
- Acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Identify, effectively communicate and resolve project issues and risks.
- Develop risk mitigation plans.
- Effectively communicate project status to project stakeholders and top management.
- Coach, mentor, motivate team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Foster early involvement of Manufacturing into the development project
- Represent development team during audits by TUV and FDA
- Lead the Project Steering Group (PSG)
- Transfer product designs to manufacturing
- Identify/execute process/design improvement and sustaining projects
- Support catheter risk management by interacting with the compliance, development team and other stake holders.
- Support design verification test (DVT) for new product development and sustaining projects
- Support effort related to verification / validation protocols and document and the final report release
Education and Knowledge
BS/BA with 5 + years related product development experience; preferably in a highly regulated medical solutions industry
· Demonstrated engineering knowledge, project management and planning experience
· Demonstrated strong leadership and execution of reaching critical project goals/milestones while meeting quality, performance, schedule, and budget constrains
· Experience of releasing a product globally throughout the entire new product development cycle preferably in the medical device industry
· Experience of FDA, ISO and other regulatory standards
· Experience or knowledge of design verification, risk management, FMEA, quality and/or compliance preferred
· Experience or knowledge in designing medical device preferred
· Ultrasound and/or Catheter experience preferred
· PMP certification preferred
· Knowledge of Six Sigma and demonstrated LEAN skills preferred
· Demonstrated problem solving capability and results orientation
· Strategic planner, self-starter and clear thinker
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· MS Project , MS Project Server knowledge a plus