Application Support Engineer - STAR-CCM+ - Bellevue, WA or Irvine, CA
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 227335
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Other Locations: United States-California-Irvine
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
- Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of STAR-CCM+. Identify problems and take responsibility for successful resolution of issues.
- Participate and facilitate the sales process serving as a technical advisor to the sales team and to the customer.
- Conduct technical discussions with prospective customers to collect and understand requirements, propose solutions, and explain benefits of our approach.
- Conduct training on introductory and advanced topics in STAR-CCM+.
- Perform benchmark simulations and test cases to explore new methods, define best practices and verify results.
- Create Knowledge Base articles for the customer portal.
- Work on multiple projects/problems simultaneously.
- Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide input on future product direction and communicate new capabilities to customers.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical or related field with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics.
- Successful application of CFD methods to meet real world goals in research or design.
- Flexible and willing to learn new skills.
- Collaborative mindset to take personal ownership of team objectives and proactively complete work independently to meet those objectives.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Work Location: Bellevue, WA or Irvine, CA
- Familiarity with a common object oriented programming concepts and languages (Java, C++, Python, etc.).
- Experience using 3D CAD software, mesh generation software, and/or CAE software from disciplines other than fluid mechanics.
- Working knowledge of common design processes, objectives and constraints in one of the following industries: Aerospace, Turbomachinery, Automotive, Electronics, etc.